True to it's codename, the release finally brings together the CAS engine library, text console, graphical interface and yacas kernel for Jupyter Notebook. And adds a complete in-browser CAS for a good measure.
Hence, starting from this release, yacas provides:
- native (C++)
- CAS engine library (libyacas),
- text console (yacas),
- Graphical User Interface (yacas-gui),
- kernel for Jupyter Notebook (yacas-kernel)
- platform-independent (Java)
- CAS engine and text console (jyacas)
- CAS engine with Graphical User Interface (yacas-online)
You can download yacas from the Downloads page. Please note that not all binary packages may have been uploaded yet.
- significant issues with floating-point arithmetic were fixed; all users of older versions are urged to update (thanks Adrian!)
- LDU and pivoted LDU (thanks Yijun Yu!)
- improved linear system solver
- Kronecker delta
- Clebsch-Gordan coefficients
- simple implementation of Common Subexpression Elimination
- apart from already existing hand-crafted templates for building deb, rpm and snap packages, support for pkg (macOS) and nsis (MS Windows) packages is provided
Altogether, over 20 issues were closed in this release.